Leta i den här bloggen

måndag 23 maj 2011

Who should and shouldn't read 1984

1984 is a novel that presents the reader with a alternative future/reality. Personally I didn't like this book. So, who should read it? Well, I would say that if you into politics and political science this might be a book for you. Whereas this is a book that is mostly about those things. The main story in the book is not really about the main character but about how the party has taken control over the society. The people in the book seems to become a sub story in the book and some parts of the novel doesn't contain them at all and at some points the author's just rambling facts about a made-up reality.


The language in the book isn't particularly difficult and it pretty easy to understand, although the author writes in a very complex and far-fetched way that sometimes made me wonder what I just read. The book is also filled with long explanation about how the language in the society is built or their warfare strategies and I found that very, in lack of better words, boring. There's not very much that is happening in the book it's more like you get to hear the main characters point of view, his thoughts about the society and how it's built. 


I believe that this book is written for pretty much anyone, whether you like it or not has more to do with you as a person rather then your age or gender or whatnot. Although I don't think the reader should be to young because, like I said, the book is quite complex and it takes a bit of thinking. 


So if you're more into love, cuteness and happy endings in a world where everything makes sense,  I don't think you should read this book but if you on the other hand are looking for a book that is quite different and special and you want something of a challenge, give it a try...


/ Sofi

1 kommentar:

  1. Futuristic? One parti controlling everything? Politics? Society? Social science?
    Me gusta.
    Sounds like a typical me book and as soon as I get my hands on an English copy, I will read it.

    //Johanna

    SvaraRadera