Leta i den här bloggen

torsdag 12 maj 2011

The Green Mile by Stephen King

A summary of the book as it would be done for a bookstore online:

When a black giant, convicted for the rape and the murder of two little twin girls, enters at Cold Mountain Penitentiary, he changes the prisons guard Paul Edgecombs life forever. Delacroix, with his tame mouse (Mr Jingles) and William ”Billy the Kid” Wharton are also two of the main characters that have a great impact on the story. Of course also this book has a bad guy – Percy Wetmore, who is a mean and heartless soul who just cares for his own ego. Meanwhile, the other prison guards are trying to make the last days of the convicts as humane as possible. The story is told by an ancient Paul, and it’s an amazing, religious story about miracles, life, death and love. It’s a true page-turner and you hope that this incredible book will never end!

Written by Sandra Johansson

2 kommentarer:

  1. Oh, I really love everything that is connected to prisons. The book sounds very interesting and if you say it also contains miracles, life, death and love I say: What could possibly be better? I don’t if I’m going to read the book, but surely I will watch the movie! Nice summary!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Very good summary Sandy. I've seen the movie, but I haven't read the book. Now, after reading your brilliant summary I would love to read the book sometime!

    OBS! I think you should work for a bookstore online. You would without doubt be the one they're looking for (if they are looking for someone):D XOXO

    //Beckiiisss (Belge)

    SvaraRadera