Leta i den här bloggen

fredag 13 maj 2011

Bridget Jones's Diary

2 Poem

Hi everybody! Here comes my first contribution to this very interesting blog. My book is “Bridget Jones’s diary” written by Helen Fielding and since I absolutely love poems, I’ve chosen to write one about Ms. Jones’s feelings. Enjoy!


I constantly feel like I am a miserable girl,
The saddest single in the hole wide world. 
Just sitting here alone in my untidy flat,
Eating Milk Trays until I get tremendously fat.
Men only want a nice fuckwittage Jude claims,
Maybe I should have more realistic aims.

People always wonder why I am not yet anyone’s wife,
Like marrying is the most important mission in life.
Shut the fuck up and mind your own business I wanna scream,
Instead I stay calm and cold like an exquisite ice-cream.
Of course I want a man, of course I want somebody to care,
But right now my love life is nothing but a terrible nightmare.

I have lovely and caring friends but that is not enough,
To live without a sexy husband can be really tough.
I don’t like waking up all alone in my to big bed,
Would rather put a crazy tattoo on my forehead.
Also to arrive to elegant parties with no one by my side,
Makes me feel heartbroken and it’s difficult my tears to hide.

Tough everything sometimes feels exceptionally sad,
I always focus on my fabulous dreams that make me glad.
Dreams about a man that will satisfy my remaining years,
About a man that in the future will wipe off my dripping tears.
I won’t ever give up my dreams, I will always fight,
In the end I hope I will find handsome Mr. Right.

(It’s probably easier to understand this poem if you have read the book than if you have not.)

By: Josefine Säleby

2 kommentarer:

  1. Brilliant! Amazing! Can’t find words! The best poem ever made!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Haha! This entry made me laugh! Wonderful with some creativity and not to be forget to mention - humor! I really think you with this entry summoned the plot and the atmosphere in the story, awesome! :D

    SvaraRadera