Leta i den här bloggen

söndag 22 maj 2011

THE SHACK - YES OR NO?

I know I said that I was going to take some time of in my recently posted entry, but I couldn't help myself... Hope you like it! And hey, this is my last entry.

If I stood in front of a fork, with a sign where it is written: "Would you like to read THE SHACK? Yes or no?", I would without a doubt in my mind say a definitive yes. Over and over again. Sorry, I would
SCREAM so loud that the birds in the wood nearby would be frightened. That's my opinion in the matter if you should read THE SHACK or not. But we are all different, and we all have various interests. But
even though I would like to recommed this amazing novel to everyone out there. I know that I have praised this work of art before, but you need to understand how brilliant it is!

Of course it's better if you are interested in questions about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, THE SHACK is after all a religious book. I assure you that you will find the answers you've always been looking for.
If you're not interested in religion, please read it anyway. Give this precious book a chance.

THE SHACK presents so many different perspectives and you learn so much. You get to know about the main character Mack, but most importantly the Holy Trinity. The best thing about this book is all the
conversations between the characters. It's almost like reading a very small part of the bible. So if you're curious, read it!

I totally understand if there's people out there who would never read this novel. Some think it's scary and some think it's crazy. But to have an opinion I think it's important to also know facts about religion. So
I encourage everybody to read! And I think everybody can learn much about life in this novel too, that has nothing to do about religion. That is how many-sided this novel is.

The best thing about THE SHACK is that it's not boring to read, not at all. The novel offers you a mixture with an interesting story and questions about the Holy Trinity. This novel is very down to earth, so I
think it's a perfect match for everybody who enjoys reading about adventure, humour, struggle and most importantly unconditional love.

If you stood in front of a fork, with a sign where it is written: "Would you like to read THE SHACK? Yes or no?", what would you say?

// Ida

1 kommentar:

  1. Sorry to say this but I wouldn't read it. If I want to read fantasy I would pick a real fantasy book(yeah god is fantasy for me) like Lord of the rings or Harry Potter. At least Harry Potter is more plausible then the christian god. You say that its good to know both sides of the argument, my question to you is, do you know both sides?

    If not or if you are just interested in challenging yourself and your beliefs you should read "The God Delusion" or as its called in swedish "Illusionen om Gud". Its written by the famous atheist Richard Dawkins, who are or at least was a professor at Oxford university in public Public Understanding of Science. If you read that book, you know both sides of the argument, and then you can at least earn my respect as a atheist.

    Sry for the ranting, peace and have a nice day!

    SvaraRadera