Leta i den här bloggen

lördag 28 maj 2011

Redeeming Quotes!

While reading Redeeming Love I found several quotations that filled my heart with love, comfort, joy and warmth. They touched my heart and left me with great awe! Hear follows some quotes that filled me with something beyond exquisite….
“This one, beloved!”
                            /God
Well, perhaps this quote doesn’t fill you with awe or warmth, but these words create an answer to one of my prayers. I have asked God that he one day will show me my future husband, as Michael asked for a wife in Redeeming Love. Perhaps it seems like a silly dream to you, but love and marriage is a beautiful and holy thing for me so I want it to be blessed by God.
(And one more thing; no dancing for me on the prom, I will save it for my husband.)

“Do my will, beloved. I drew you up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set your feet upon a rock.”
                /God
Sometimes God can ask us something that we feel we are not brave enough to do. But then we have one of his eternal promises, that he once have placed our feet on a steady rock and that he will do so again if we would fall. If we fall seven times seven, he will forgive and lift us up seventy times seven.

“Trust me with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding”
                                                                                                                   /God
This is a quote that includes words worth reminded. Quite often I want to take care of everything, do things in my own way and try to understand things that I can’t control. But then God reminds me, He is God. He has everything under control.  If I feel I can’t handle something and keep on trying to, I need to let go. I need to trust in God, that he will hold everything in his hands. And when I do, everything will turn out right and at the same time He will teach me something beyond my own understanding…

“So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.”
                                                                                       /Jesus, Matthew 7:12
I don’t think I need to say so much about this one. It’s the golden rule, a rule that everyone should follow because love is stronger and more beautiful than hate. Another quote that is similar to this one is: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself!” /Jesus, Matthew 19:19

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for Thou art with me.”
                                                                                                                                         /Psalm 23:4
This is a well known quote from the bible and it means a lot to me. Even though it feels that everything is black and you ask yourself too many times “WHY”, He will be by your side, His hand in yours. I have been through a great deal in my life, despite the fact that I’m only 19, but many times I have felt like I’m suffocating or not worthy any love. But then I can remind myself of these words, soak them in and lean on them. Because even though it feels like I’m walking through the valley of death I don’t need to be afraid, because my shepherd and my father will always be there by my side.

“I am!”
     /Jesus
These two words are words that fill my heart with joy, love and awe and that makes my eyes fill with tears.  With these two words Jesus declares with humbleness and with authority that HE IS. He is now, he is yesterday, he is tomorrow. The message is that he will never change; he will always be the same. He is the king of heaven and earth and he will always comfort us, guide us and help us. He will give us the redeeming love.

I know that many of you don’t believe in these quotes or that they are coming from God as I do. But perhaps you can learn from some of them and as a said in my last blog; don’t be afraid of love, because love is something that everyone needs, a love that can redeem!

/Rebecca Q   

1 kommentar:

  1. Very nice and beautiful Quotes. They really make you see how much God loves us. / Helena S

    SvaraRadera