Leta i den här bloggen

torsdag 12 maj 2011

The Green Mile by Stephen King

Who should read this novel? Why? Who shouldn’t read this novel? Why?

I belive that everyone should read this novel because it’s a beautiful story about humanity and true friendship. Maybe it’s a little too cute occasionally and too wonderful at some times, but I think this is just an incredible story with a beautiful message. Maybe persons who doesn’t like long, thick books shouldn’t read this book because it’s very thick – but I think that it’s a really page turner and you just want to continue reading! The book is religious (John Coffey = Jesus) but I, who isn’t particularly religious, don’t get disturbed by the obvious religious theme. Maybe some individuals would be disturbed by this theme, and they shouldn’t read the book then.

The language is beautiful and personally, which I prefer but maybe some persons would get irritated on the books disposition. It’s arranged so that Paul tells the story (as an old man) and the chapters/the story get interrupted sometimes when something special happens at the nursery home where Pauls is spending his last years. I think this gives the story more life, but I belive that some people would hate this – because it interruptes the storytelling.
Written by Sandra Johansson

3 kommentarer:

  1. Oh Sandra! You really make me want to try to read the book again. I tried when I was 16 or something, and read about eight chapters before I gave up. But these blog posts really inspire me to read the whole book :) So maybe I'll give it another go, this summer :D

    Emmy

    SvaraRadera
  2. Yay! That's a great idea! It's a wonderful book you know :) My, I should be a salesman or someting!!

    //Sandra

    SvaraRadera
  3. I haven't read the book myself but I have seen the movie and it sure is a great movie. Maybe I will read the book sometimes. I can imagen that it's great.

    //Jacob

    SvaraRadera